Welcome to Stonehugger Cemetery Restoration, Inc.
Stonehugger Cemetery Restoration, Inc. is an insured, full-service cemetery restoration company specializing in complete renovation and repair of pioneer cemeteries within the Great Lakes states and beyond. Ending 2016, SCRI has completed restoration of nearly 31,000 gravestones, markers and monuments. With 2,400 stones scheduled for renovation in 2017—No cemetery project should be considered too large or small.
Research and Documentation
- Total cemetery restoration and reconstruction.
- Cemetery feature analysis and interpretation.
- Before and after photography.
- Marker reading and data recording.
- Comprehensive database generation.
- Safe archival records preparation.
- Experience in cemeteries containing prairie grass preserves.
- Other services (available upon request)
Gravestone, Marker and Monument Repair
- Time proven gravestone and marker conservation techniques.
- Resetting and leveling of skewed and or toppled stones.
- Repair of broken markers using appropriate epoxies.
- Relocation of buried and broken gravestone components.
(operating with state permits where applicable)
- Multi-piece monument restoration and renewal.
- Graffiti removal.
Large Scale Restorations
- Military memorials
- Church monuments
- Limestone cemetery signage
- Site visitation, consultation and assessment.
Other Services -